14 April 2009

Ink

I always love when I am at one of the high schools and a kid spots my tattoos. They invariably ask "Did it hurt?" To which I always reply: "Take a needle. Now jam it into your skin a hundred times a second for over an hour straight. Then get a really bad sunburn on just one area of your body for three weeks and try not to touch it. What do you think?" Now I'm no slouch to pain, but at the same time I am not a fan of it either. I'm not one of those guys that gets all macho and says it feels good or some bullshit, but at the same time I don't sit there and cry about it either. I remember getting my tongue pierced. Trying to eat pizza the next day sucked balls. But when my best friend got it done he screamed and cussed and ran outside and punched a vending machine, almost breaking his hand in the process. Then when he saw me get my second or third tattoo (maybe fourth, I can't remember) he decided to get one, too. He was in tears about halfway through and he got one that is smaller than a silver dollar and not a lot of detail. (It was the kanji for "Tiger")

I guess some people handle pain differently. I've got 7 decent sized tattoos, and had four non-ear piercings and while I can't say they were a blast, I've always enjoyed them. Especially my nipple piercing. >:) In fact I think once I lose 50 lbs I will treat myself to re-piercing my left nipple and getting the right one done as well. Hell maybe only 30. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment